> About this Site: Portal Service
Any of the 37505 sources available on this site can be added on a custom page. Custom pages will display all the items of the sources you selected.
Custom pages are constantly updated to include the newest items. You can access from home, from work, from anywhere in the world in just a few clicks.
Your list of custom pages will appear below the navigation tabs and at the end of every page. To edit your list of pages, change the order, delete unwanted pages, click the "Edit Pages" button.
Adding and Removing Content
To add content to custom pages, you'll need to select one or more news sources and assign them to a page:
- Browse the feeds, by category, by name, by date (list of feeds in the order in which they were added to the site, most recent ones first), by language.
- You may also search for feeds for keywords in their title or description.
- In those lists and search results, you'll see check boxes next to the feed names. Check the ones you want to add you one of your pages.
- At the top of the list, there's a drop down which lists your current pages.
- Select a page in the drop down (or New Page to create another one) and click the "Add" button.
- You may also add any source with an RSS or ATOM feed that are not registered on this site.
To remove sources from a page, open that page and click the "Content" button at the top.
The layout of the custom pages can be customized in many ways. You display each source in it's own box and arrange boxes on the page. Or you may prefer to see items in flat lists, and maybe have that list sorted by date so that newest items appear at the top. Simply open the page you want to change and click the "Layout" button at the top.
On custom pages (and actually on most pages where news items are presented), you'll see little check boxes in front of each item. Check the items you are interested in and use the button at the top of the list to post them to your friends or colleagues by email.
You may also choose to receive your custom pages by email every day so you don't have to come and visit the site (except for customizing your pages).
Finally, you can share your pages with others (but don't have to). Just click the "Edit Pages" button next to the list of custom pages.
Premium Portal Service
In addition to the free services above, we have introduced premium services for people wanting to get more advanced tools from our portal. Premium Portal users can:
- See full item meta data such as author, topics, enclosures, etc.
- Receiving emails, IMs or SMS messages as soon as new items are spotted for any number of sources.
- Publish/integrate news items to their weblogs!
Oh, and no more ads! Find out more and sign up here.